Share your pain

Share your pain
Collaborative community art project

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Power Perfected in Weakness

I don't know if you are a type A person like me, but I find that relying on the Lord to sustain me with the pain (through doesn't make sense to say since it doesn't go away) has to be a choice.  It's easy to just rush from thing to thing (or slog through, some days) without giving a thought to where my strength has to come from.  That's even more apparent as my advocacy business picks up this time of year and I'm sitting at the computer for hours...which for me is the absolute worse pain activity.  Doesn't matter whether I use my IFC, EMS, ice, heat, or take a break every 15 minutes and walk around, it just isn't an activity my back and hip like!  I'm trying to do a better job at being deliberate about moving in His strength...which sadly to say is easier when you don't have any!  I guess that's what He means by "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." (2Cor. 12:9)  

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog from http://pinterest.com/lauriejones28/living-with-the-loss-of-a-beloved-daughter/. What a brave thing to be doing, especially when facing each day takes courage. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete